Time for Some Cowboy Poetry

Mike Logan is a cowboy poet--one of the best. I happened across this poem and knew I'd want to share it with my Poetry Parade spectators.


2010 Poetry Parade: Day 26

Wrecks

by
Mike Logan



Well, I’ve seen some wrecks ahorseback
An’ quite a few with cars,
An’ I’ve even seen the carnage
Of some awful wrecks in bars.
But the worst wrecks in my mem’ry
Was the ones a comin’ on
When there come a perfumed letter
That started off "Dear John."

From Laugh Kills Lonesome & Other Poems (Buglin’ Bull Press, 1990)
Used with the author’s permission.
Read more about Mike and his poetry here.




3 comments:

Joe Sottile said...

As I read this poem, I just knew it would have a great ending, and it did!

glenda said...

I love cowboy poetry. You see, I always wanted to grow up to be a cowboy, but found out that wasn't possible. But I still like cowboys and cowboy poetry.

Had to start a new blog due to Technical problems. Come and visit me at www.glendacouncilbeall.blogspot.com

Jayne Jaudon Ferrer said...

I wanted to be a cowboy, too, Glenda--still do!